Featured on this blog:

This blog was created for a Media course as a way to hand in work and assignments by posts. Posts to this blog will consist of assignments and course work.



Monday 15 October 2012

A study of dyed hair: Trend Tracking

When asked about hair a lot of (female and some male) students at the school said the most they would do it dye it a natural colour, most of that section and responce said it would be to change their natural deep brown/black hair colour to something a little more lighter and unique. Unique. That's the word that was repeated over and over again by almost everyone. Those who chose to go along with the 'dip dye' fashion trend for hair who used a bright neon colour alien to natural hair colour said it was so show a unique quality of themselves, or simply be cool and in trend. I myself have 'peek-a-boo' highlights (the underlayer of hair is dyed so it can peek out from under the top layers) in the colour purple although it fades to a pretty cool teal colour or something along that colour pallet. My reasons and motives for dying my hair is what most of the artists and artistic folk at school agreed with. "I dyed my hair to bring out an inner artistic side and show my creativity and individulaity."
Two catagories for one answer- "why did you dye your hair?"
1. "I dyed it to be unique"
2. "I dyed it because it's in and I wanted to be on trend."

Peek-a-boo highlights:

Dip Dye: (Natural and vibrant)


One responce that wasn't heard too often was "To be like..." Dyed hair in my opinion is a unique choice and few choose to do it because a celebrity did it or a friend did. Most use the same style as the current trend but the colours and techniques range from ombre to vibrant colours to patterns to solids. Oportunities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment